What is Skillsfuture?
Skillsfuture is a national movement to provide Singaporeans with the opportunities to develop their fullest potential throughout life, regardless of their starting points.
Through this movement, the skills, passion and contributions of every individual will drive Singapore’s next phase of development towards an advanced economy and inclusive society.
Who is Skillsfuture for?
Everyone is part of Singapore’s SkillsFuture journey. The choices you make or guide others to make in education, jobs or careers should lead to opportunities to maximise one’s potential and develop a mastery of skills.
To meet challenges and achieve success, chart your own paths through lifelong learning and skills mastery. Every Singaporean, every job, at every stage of life, counts.
Four Key Thrusts:
- Help individuals make well-informed choices in education, training and careers
- Develop an integrated high-quality system of education and training that responds to constantly evolving needs
- Promote employer recognition and career development based on skills and mastery
- Foster a culture that supports and celebrates lifelong learning
What is Skillsfuture Credit?
SkillsFuture Credit aims to encourage individual ownership of skills development and lifelong learning. All Singaporeans aged 25 and above will receive an opening credit of $500 from January 2016. Your credit will not expire and the Government will provide periodic top-ups, so you may accumulate your credit.
What kind of courses can Skillsfuture Credit be used for?
Your SkillsFuture Credit can be used on top of existing Government course subsidies to pay for a wide range of approved work skills-related courses:
- Courses subsidised or approved by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
- Selected courses offered by Ministry of Education (MOE)-funded institutions*
- Courses supported by public agencies
- SkillsFuture@PA courses offered by People’s Association, courses offered by Infocomm Media Development Authority’s Silver Infocomm Junctions and selected courses under the National Silver Academy
* Institute of Technical Education, polytechnics, autonomous universities, Singapore University of Social Sciences (formerly SIM University), LASALLE College of the Arts and Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
How to claim or use the SkillsFuture Credit? How to check credit balance and transactions?
use your SkillsFuture Credit to pay for or offset the course fees of approved
courses by applying through www.skillsfuture.sg/credit or MySkillsFuture.sg. You can also check your SkillsFuture
Credit balance and claim transactions.
At the point of course registration, you should inform your Training Provider of your intention to utilise your SkillsFuture Credit in part or in full against the qualifying course fees. You should then submit your claim via MySkillsFuture within 60 days before the course start date (date inclusive). SSG will disburse the equivalent amount to the Training Provider.